Organon Analytics is a software company, building Artificial Intelligence products, solutions and services.
1) Host Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning algorithms.
2) Contains Data Ingestion, ETL, and Data Management workflows.
3) Distribute computations over compute clusters.
4) Process Big Data in batch and streaming modes.
5) Run on-premise or on-cloud.
6) Present Graphical User Interfaces for managing computations.
We are looking for a "Senior Java/Scala Software Developer". Organon's expectation from this profile is that he/she will evolve into "Big Data Software Developer" starting from the first date of the recruitment. ("Big Data Software Development" refers to the development of software using Big Data Software Stack: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Flume, and YARN in particular).
Minimum skills and qualifications are grouped as follows:
Software Development skills
- Experience with Java/Scala required. Java is a must, Scala is a big plus.
- 6+ years of Java/Scala development experience in a commercial setting.
- Strong database programming skills on SQL databases. The candidate should have advanced understanding of, and practical experience with database concepts, and data access patterns/principles.
- Experience with creation of Extract-Load-Transform workflows in a datawarehouse environment is preferred.
- Experience with source control software required., Git preferred.
- Backend development knowledge required, e.g. REST services, HTTP, JSON.
- Strong Unix/Linux knowledge, and shell scripting are required.
- Web frontend development skills preferred, e.g. HTML, jQuery.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Graduation from a top-tier university.
- Should be a strong team player.
- Should have advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Eager to learn novel technologies.
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Having demonstrable knowledge in Computer Architecture, Data Structures, Algorithms, and Modern Software Development Practices.